Straightening your hair will make your look perfect; lustrous and great. It also can make your hair easy-arranged and keep you from the bad hair day which most women always experience. In fact, you are tired to bring clips to save your hair. That’s why straightening will be the best way. However, the touch of iron could damage your hair instead. Are you trying to use relaxer? Well, that’s will matter to your health as well. It will lead to scalp irritation, permanent scarring, skin burns, skin drying, dermatitis, cracking, deep ulcerations, dry hair and even baldness. Most relaxer ingredients contain calcium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, lithium hydroxide, thioglycolic acid and much more.
According to Food and Drug Administration (FDA), most people think the relaxer without lye is safer. In fact, it results in the same effects that danger hair. They believe that the “no lye” relaxer contain guanidine carbonate and calcium hydroxide to produce guanidine hydroxide. Even though it is considered less harmful, you need to apply safety straighten hair procedure.
To avoid any risk, actually, you can straighten hair without a relaxer. Just follow some procedures bellow and you can free your hair from the curly lock.
How to Straighten Hair without Relaxer
This procedure will need several tools as follow:
- Blow dryer with brush attachment
- Leave-in conditioner
- Hair clips
- The first step you need to do is applying towel-dry to your hair. After that, you can massage it with leave-in conditioner. Try a product that prevents your hair from humidity that causing frizz. This is a crucial step, so you can get last longer straightened hair.
- After you finish, dry your hair using the blower. The best result is using the brush attachment. If you don’t have it, you can use the regular brush. Keep in mind to brush it downward strokes.
- Take the comb and part the hair into four sections; two in the front, also two in the back. Secure them with hair clips.
- The next step is beginning with the back sections. Comb through 1/4 inch of your hair taken from the hair clip. Then you can take the flat iron and go clasping over the root of the hair with pressure and solid motion to avoid kinks of the hair. Redo this procedure twice to get the better result.
- Repeat this procedure from section to section until you get your hair done completely.
- To maintain the result, you can sleep on the satin and silk scarf.
Some Tips You Should Not Forget:
- To get the best result, keep in mind you have consistent heat as you use a flat iron. Repetition will make your straightened hair last longer.
- Only use high-quality flat iron because most of them have ion-neutralizing effect found in ceramic irons.
- Wrap your hair at night using good scarfs like silk or satin.
Of course, this way will not last as longer as when you use a relaxer, but the result is close enough to make your day! It is better to do this procedure than you should deal with some risks.